Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bye Baby Basil.

A week and a half ago, I planted my $1 Target Sweet Basil.  I was pretty stoked since I had seen my niece have some success with her little Basil & Cilantro plants.  This past weekend, I saw that I had quite a few sprouts.  YAAAAAY!! My closest thing to a garden and I couldn't be any happier!
 

Sometimes, I'd put it on the windowsill so my Sweet Basil plant would get full sun during the day.  Most times, I'd leave it on the kitchen table so it'd still get some light and I could enjoy looking at it while eating dinner. 
This morning, before leaving for work, I decided to move it back to the windowsill.  As I was looking at it, I was already imagining what it'd taste like. It was almost to the windowsill, when the bottom totally slipped out from the cover and fell.  It hit the floor before I even realized that it fell out.  Seriously, I was so soooooooo bummed! I know it's not a big deal to some, but I loved watching it grow.  I think I just miss having my own garden.  I miss being able to have fresh veggies that I grew myself.  I got to work and quickly emailed Levi to tell him what happened.  I'm thankful he's so sweet and tender with me.  It makes me look forward to what he'll be like with our children, someday. 
Sad day.... even sadder when you have to come home and see the poor baby Basil sprouts still on the floor.  :(  Bummer.  Guess I'll be going back to Target soon. Sigh...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...