Thursday, February 18, 2016

New Adventure!

The week my aunt passed away, I found out there was a position opening up in our Eviction department. My mind was a little scattered the day I returned back to work, but I submitted my cover letter and resume to HR. Later that day, I was invited to interview the next day. HR told me I could still dress down since it was Friday. So I did...
I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous when I showed up to work the next day wearing jeans and my new bear shoes while my cubicle mate actually looked like she was going to an interview! (Which she was, also! It was a lil odd to be going up for the same job against my team member and cube mate.)
My interview was first and I've gotta say, I felt great about it! I had them laughing and seriously asking great find out questions. It felt less like an interview because our discussion/conversation led right to the next question they had for me....or somehow I'd answer the next question before it was even asked. Probably the easiest and best interview I ever had! I felt good about it!
And it paid off! I GOT THE JOB!!
Yesterday, I was emailing one of the ladies from my new department regarding a case. She later congratulated me, then sent me the following email: 
When we found out it was you….. we were all very excited.. you are such the perfect fit! When I found out that you interviewed, I kept telling my boss that you would be the best fit for this position! We all did! You’ll be fine!
Just reading that made ne even more excited!!
And my soon to be new cube mate sent me this: Super excited to be working together!! 
I've only heard the nicest and greatest things about my new department and manager. This makes me less nervous and even more excited. I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably feel a lil overwhelmed having attorneys all around me, all the time. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm stoked that my bigger cube has a window about 10 feet away. This makes me happy. There are so many things that make me excited for this new change. New adventures are on the horizon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...