Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Audacity.

One thing I dislike about myself is that I don't defend myself as much as I should. I'll defend everything and everyone else...but when it comes to myself, I'm terrible at it. I wish I had a reason why I don't do it, unfortunately I just don't do it. That's not good. I think it's because I hate having to have a reason behind everything. I don't think someone should have to defend themselves against family and close friends. I should know better. I should know not to easily trust everyone and anyone--close friend or not. Yet I still do it. Why? But you know what the funny thing is... I know this friend. I know that I'll always have to defend myself on something. "It is what it is" apparently has no meaning. Even though I try to change the topic, it comes back around to it and there I am, defending it, defending myself.
Enough is enough.
So to this friend I say, if you wanna run your mouth with all your opinions--go ahead! I'll give you a piece of my mind from now on, about the same exact things. Like what I really think of your girlfriend and her eyebrows or your favorite Michael Crichton books. You ALWAYS say that you're not going to "say anything about that"---YET YOU STILL DO!! RIGHT AFTER YOUR DISCLAIMER!!
Thanks friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...