Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Update.....sans Jimmy Fallon

(I'm currently at work...so I have no pics with me to post)
Saturday: Awesome, fun, spiritually filled day!! It was so wonderful having so much family and friends around to celebrate my niece's baptism. It was great, but sooooooooo tiring!! I still can't believe she's 8 years old!! Time seriously flies by!! My brother smoked some beef, pork and turkey. Oh man! I am now a fan!! Mom also made her famous Potato Salad....Oh man, I don't know if I was hungry or what---but EVERYTHING was so good!! I made Mom's fruit salad, and we had rice, green salad and someone cut up fresh fruit. DELICIOUS!!! What a great way to celebrate a baptism!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

Sunday: I was able to attend church with my family, at their ward. It was so nice...but sooooooo loud! I forget how noisy it is at a family ward, til I'm actually there!! AAAAHHHHHHHH!! The weather was so beautiful yesterday....I'm so glad it's Spring. We went out to eat for Easter--since we were all so tired of cooking from the previous day. I love Ol' Spaghetti Factory!! I'm so glad it's back in San Diego!! Everything tastes the same like before. The lasagna was great! It was so nice being out with my family and just enjoying each other's company. When we got home we had our "First Annual FLUFFY BUNNY Contest". TOO FUNNY FOR WORDS!! I NEVER want to eat another marshmallow again!! I'm sure I either have a cavity now or diabetes....probably both.

All in all...it was such a great weekend!! The only downside was hearing about the passing of a friend's husband. Bro. Moon passed away before they left San Diego from their mission to go home to Utah. I feel so sad for her. In the last conversation we had, she asked me how she would adjust to being home from her mission. I told her that she was fortunate to be going home with her companion (husband). She was lucky because she'd be able to reminisce with her husband of all their mission experiences. I'm sad for her now, because not only will she have to adjust post mission life....but a life without her husband. I will definitely keep her in my prayers.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...