Sunday, April 19, 2009

Such a WONDERFUL weekend!

Saturday: Wow! I met a great, funny & super friendly guy at the Temple! FINALLY!! I mean, it's not like we're going on a date or anything...it was just SO NICE finally meeting a guy from the shift that's single and NOT SCARED TO TALK TO A WOMAN!! He's the son of one of the sisters from my shift. He spends every Saturday in the Temple while his Mom's working there. While I was assigned to the Baptistry yesterday (for the first time), I noticed him down there as well. Come to find out, he was finally called to be an ordinance worker. We got to spend some time together and talk...which was so super fun!! I loved it!! He's tall, cute, FUNNY, Spanish speaking RM and a Berkeley Law graduate. We had a terrific conversation and I look forward to talking with him again! We had some down time so Bro. Broadbent (who was subbing for the day and also new to the Baptistry) came over to talk with us. Upon meeting us the first thing out of his mouth was, "The best place to meet your spouse is in the Temple!" and then continued on this piece of advice. It made "Berkeley" and I laugh. Not because we were mocking him, but because of the awkwardness of barely meeting just moments before. Bro. Broadbent shared with us his story of meeting his late wife. It was so touching. It brought tears to all of our eyes. Even though I just met Bro. Broadbent, I love him dearly. I'm glad to have met him.
My lunch ended up being scheduled so late in the day, so we were all worried that I'd have to snag lunch out of the vending machines. I was bummed because I LOVE the Temple's cafeteria food AND I had no cash on hand! (AAAAAHHHHH!!!). Bro. Broadbent pulled out some money and gave it to me for lunch. I told him it was okay and I would be fine. He said "Of course you will be! Now take this and go eat!". Berkeley thought he'd chime in saying, "Are you going to deny him blessings of service?" So of course, I had to take it at that point. Bro.Broadbent said that instead of paying him back, I should repay it towards the Missionary fund for my ward. WOW! Can I just say I LOVED my time in the Baptistry yesterday!! I'm SO SO SO HAPPY I had that wonderful opportunity to serve there yesterday!!
((sorry that was so long...and that was only one day, so far))

Sunday: Stake Conference was AWESOME!! I LOVED IT!! I don't know if it was because I had comfy seats and was so ecstatic to be singing with the choir or...no wait, that was exactly it!! The talks were equally awesome too!! Bro. Mask spoke for 45 minutes and it went by like mere seconds. He shared missionary themed stories of his Mexican heritage. It was wonderful to listen to, especially since more than half of my stake descends from the same culture. "Iré y haré" or "I will go and do" was something his faithful Abuela taught him while in his youth. I loved it!! The stake choir sounded terrific!! I am TRULY GRATEFUL for the chance I was given to sing with them. It's been a magnificent blessing. My friend Nefi came down with her adorable lil boy to hear me perform. I love her so much for that sacrifice. It was a lovely opportunity to spend a few moments with her and her lil boy who is too cute for words!!

Tomorrow: I kinda made a pact with my friend/Visiting Teachee that I would go to the gym and read my scriptures more, this week. I'm kinda stoked for it and kinda not. I'm nervous as to how my ear will feel while I'm working out. I'm not trying to find a cop out reason, but I'm pretty sure I've come down with Tinnitus (I've got the "whooshing" sound type). I don't want it to get worse while I'm working out. But oh well, we'll see.... Here's to the gym and scripture study!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...