Friday, April 3, 2009

A good ol' dish of Humble Pie, please.

Wow. Last night was the first night of stake choir practice. I felt very humbled. I kept thinking of the words found in the Book of Ether and by Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"...for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
.....and.......
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier - not that the nature of the task has changed, but our ability to do has increased."
I felt like it was one of those times to depend on the Lord. It reminded me a lot of this past Summer, as I was learning my new job in the legal world and my calling at the Temple...feeling so out of place and inadequate! I'm sure, like my job and calling, it'll become easier in time.
This is the song we're going to sing:


It gets pretty high and I'm learning so many new things about music! I love it! But man, I feel like I really need to step it up. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. This is something I've wanted for such a long time, since I was about 11 years old. The one thing I have trouble with is becoming emotional over the lyrics we sing. They're so beautiful and touching, I just hope I don't start bawling while singing--AAHHH! However, I feel so blessed to have been invited. I hope I can just do my best and make my Mom proud. I'm so grateful for growing up in a home filled with music...my Mother who sang all the time and allowed me the same privilege , for her enrolling me in Violin lessons in grade school and for my family enduring my endless amount of mistakes while teaching myself to play the piano. Thank you Heavenly Father for these wonderful blessings :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...