Sunday, July 26, 2009

All's well that ends well....

Tree

(I just wanted something pretty to look at, if and when I ever read this post again)
I talked to Mr.NY today. It didn't go as well as I would have hoped. We did clear the air as to where we stand with each other. To put it as bluntly and honestly as he did,
"I have no interest in dating you, Ehu."
I'm quite surprised that I was cool, calm and collected throughout the whole phone call. It was actually a really good call--considering... Do I resent him and want to call him every name in the book? No, not really. Do I feel like my heart crumbled inside when I heard those words above? A very tiny bit. I'm truly grateful for his honesty and being up front with me. But as I've been thinking about him in the last couple days, I've realized that we're both EXTREMELY different type of people. I'm not saying this to console myself...but really, we are. Why would he want to date me---I don't ever plan on drinking or having pre-maritial sex. Probably not appealing to him. Does he ever plan on going to church or the temple with me? Probably not. As I sat in the temple yesterday, I kept thinking how I don't want to sit there alone, by myself. I want to be able to attend the temple with whoever I'm dating. He's a very athletic and adventurous, I'm more reserved and relaxed. The call went well and I know that tomorrow in the office won't be any different. He's still a tremendously nice and honest guy and I'm fortunate to have him as a co-worker.
All's well that ends well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...