Thursday, July 2, 2009

And then I remembered....

...that today's THURSDAY!!
I kinda forgot about that since I don't work tomorrow. So in my head I think I kept thinking that today's Friday. BUT IT'S NOT!! MUAHAHAAA!!
This Thursday was pretty T-rrrrrific!
"Why?", you may ask...
-While waiting around after work for a friend, a SUPER ANNOYING co-worker, JerkFace, thought he'd set up camp at my desk. (I HIGHLY despise this co-worker because he can dish out the jokes & sarcasm, but as soon as it's turned on him--he reports me and my two co-workers to a supervisor). "Oh, but maybe I should go hang out at Mr.NY's desk since JerkFace won't be able to see me" (Mr.NY knows of the disdain I have for JerkFace and is willing to come to my aid if anything should ever happen--I love the New York side of him :) ) So that's what I did for about 20 minutes. Maybe I should be thankful for JerkFace after all? I hung out talking to Mr.NY and oh man, I love staring at his face while listening to his voice. He's such an easy guy to talk to. Even though he was bogged down with piles full of work, and I apologized profusely, he reassured me that I wasn't bothering or slowing him down. Have I ever mentioned how kind he is? I could go on forever.....
-I got to hang out with two RM's (return missionaries) from my mission. That was so much fun---even though we were on a beach and I was wearing jeans, socks and shoes. I MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE THAT WEAR THAT CRAP TO THE BEACH!! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I wasn't ready to go to a bon fire right after work. UGH!! But I'm glad I went. It was a short visit but it was so nice to "talk story" about the good ol' mish! The Elder who was visitng SD brought his new family. By new I mean, 3 newly adopted kids. His kids are too cute for words. They're all siblings from the same family and are really young. I loved watching him and his wife tend to their kids. I can't wait to have children someday, by birth and adoption. I look forward to that....
-Afterwards I went out to dinner (to my FAVORITE SD Italian place-Filippi's!) with a close friend and his boyfriend. I was nervous. I always get a lil nervous when I hang out with gays. I feel like there's a big bright neon sign on my forehead that says, "Mormon=Prop.8". It was my first time really getting to know his boyfriend. I love this friend dearly so I was really hoping that the evening would go well. I didn't want any kind of awkwardness. I think it went well and I enjoyed everything about the dinner. Such a lovely evening!

-Today's Thursday...ALWAYS my favorite day. I GET to sleep in tomorrow. I'm SO excited. I can't wait til the 4th of July--my FAVORITE holiday!! STOKED STOKED STOKED!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...