Monday, July 20, 2009

Me + Tomorrow = Court

One of my job tasks is to sometimes mail legal documents that have been served for a case. No big deal, right? Not tomorrow....
One of our clients, an attorney called me at work today, to tell me that I'll need to testify that I did in fact mail the documents to complete the serve. From back in May....
I've never been to court before in my life.
I've never had jury duty.
I don't even know where the court is?!
I'm totally nervous! I don't even know what to expect! I always hear about different people from the office getting called to court. To testify. On the stand! I'm nervous and a lil scared! It's the part of not knowing exactly what to expect, what kind of questions will be asked or how the attorneys are going to treat me. I tried to find solace in my Dispatcher, Turtle--but he was giddy towards me going to court for the first time. So I emailed the one person who would totally understand...Mr.NY.
--------------------------------------
From: Dispatch - San Diego
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:01 PM
To: [Mr.NY]
Subject: What the crap?

Oh my gosh! I've gotta go to court tomorrow due to a mailing. Didn't you just do that for [client] a couple weeks ago?? What the heck happens at court in such a matter?
---------------------------------------
From: [Mr.NY]
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:05 PM
To: Dispatch - San Diego
Subject: RE: What the crap?

Sucks, I need to go to Orange County again this Thursday for that. I wasn’t called to the stand, but you just go in as a witness and answer the questions you are asked. You only did a mailing, so it’ll be very limited as to what they can ask. When & where is the appearance?
----------------------------------------
Before I could even finish reading it, he was walking over to my office. Next thing, I knew he was asking me all kinds of questions and giving me a heads up as to what will happen. I told him I was nervous and he reassured me that everything would be alright. He told me that I'd have to dress up and said, "What you're wearing would work, you look nice today." And then I couldn't get the perma-grin off my face. I felt nervous but talking with him made me feel a lot more at ease. I'm just glad we were able to talk today. I was a lil aprehensive about how it would be between us in the office today....after all that happened between us Friday night. Oh Mr.NY, if only you knew......
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...