Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Consumption....and relaxation!

Oh man, I feel like I've been on the go for the last month. I feel like I've been busy--but not stressed busy, just extremely preoccupied.  I love it.  But I never realized how grateful I would be for some down time.  I cancelled my vocal class for today because I needed to do some catch up work with school and get that a lil more hunkered down and organized.  I was talking to Mama McK yesterday and she said that I could have Relief Society run my life, if I allow it. I think that's how people can get overwhelmed. I don't want to get to that point. I've pretty much done all the 'grunt' work in getting it to where I want it and where it is running smoothly.  Now I get to sit back a bit and enjoy the ride for, just a bit.  I don't want church to turn into 'work', I've had that happen with other callings. 
So now I get to focus back on school right now and get my grades back up where they should be.  I get to enjoy my niece & nephew out of school, and look forward to my missionary nephew's return home in less than 2 months!! LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?! I can't wait!! 
I got to hang out at the beach last night with a friend from church.  It was great getting to know more about her and her life.  It was cool just gettin' to chill at the beach and relax, because both of us needed it.  If anything this calling has brought, it has been the blessing of getting to know the sisters in my ward. It has been a very tremendous and beautiful blessing. It makes me love them even more.  I'm grateful that my memory has been sharpened because I need it with all that I have to retain and remember in the very moment.  I feel so blessed. 
Many blessings have come in the short month that I've had this calling. I love all the blessings.  I recognize Heavenly Father's hand in all the blessings I have received thus far.  
I have Institute class tonight.  I LOVE Institute.  I heard this quote last August and decided to take Pres. Monson up on his promise:  

“If you are a single college student, I ask you to make participation in institute a priority. Married students and other young adults are also welcome and encouraged to attend. Think of it. Friends will be made, the Spirit will be felt, and faith will be strengthened. I promise you that as you participate in institute and study the scriptures diligently, your power to avoid temptation and to receive direction of the Holy Ghost in all you do will be increased. Divine favor will attend those who humbly seek it. That is a promise which I leave with you” 

It's true!! It really works!! I've become friends with more people and strengthened old friendships. I've felt the Spirit and had a greater desire to study the scriptures.  It has helped.  I have a greater love and appreciation for the Scriptures and what it can do for my life.  I understand more than what I knew from last August.  This prophetic promise is true,  I've felt it. I've seen it. I know it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...