Friday, June 3, 2011

Thanks to Dan's Dad.

A couple months ago, I was having dinner at Hermanita's house along with CC and some other friends.  It was a bunch of us girls with our friend, Dan.  I wonder what possessed Dan to have dinner with us because he doesn't eat meat, he's Caucasian (we were eating some hardcore Mexican food) and was the only guy there. It was a lil funny but we enjoyed his company and he brought interesting insights to our conversations.

He shared with us something his Dad taught him growing up;

"Women need two things--they need to feel special and they need to feel secure"
[emotionally, financially, physically, etc.]

Since then, I've had that on my mind constantly. I never realized the validity of that statement until I thought back on the relationships I've had.  I've thought about how true that is, for me, at least.  Today it's been on my mind a lot.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be on my mind a lot more through the weekend. Sigh!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...