Thursday, June 16, 2011

I CHOOSE happiness!

I like to think of myself as a happy person!



I've worked on my sarcasm a lot this year, because I started to sound cynical and negative. I didn't like the way I sounded or felt. I started to see things for their negativity.  As I've reined back on my sarcasm, negativity & cynicism, I started to hear it in others. It made me think if that's how I sounded!?  I didn't like it.  I DON'T like it.  There is NOTHING attractive about being negative or sarcastic!    Talking with a friend last night, he confirmed that men are NOT attracted to negativity.  I think that's true on a human level. No one wants to be around that.  So then, why are so many people negative?    I think it's so much easier for people to see the bad, the ugly and the downside to life and situations. {"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."} Being happy and positive takes practice. Sometimes,  A LOT of practice.  Sometimes, one has to even 'fake it til you make it'. But in the end, it's worth it. It's a very attractive quality to have--to friends, coworkers, family, potential dates...to everyone.
“Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...