Saturday, June 11, 2011

Charity Never Faileth!

Can I just say, that I truly LOVE serving as a Relief Society president! It has seriously been such an AWESOME blessing!! I've tremendously ENJOYED this opportunity to love and serve the sisters in my ward.  I truly needed this calling.  I haven't been feeling like myself in the last several months. I've started to feel like I had a black heart, one that didn't like to serve or even the thought of it.  I think it had to do with the some private family matters that I've been dealing with the last 2 years.  It made me bitter and hard hearted....I didn't feel like myself.  I even started to feel annoyed if I was asked to play the piano at church.  I didn't grow up that way.  I was raised by my father's amazing example of service.  I didn't learn about service through words, it was by pure example.  My father taught me that "LDS" not only stood for "Latter-day Saint" but "LET'S DO SOMETHING" or "LET'S DO SERVICE".   I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve. My biggest worry when I was extended this calling was, "How am I going to love ALL the sisters?".  Then I remembered something I learned on my mission, "Serve them until you love them and then you'll love to serve them." I LOVE getting to know the sisters.  They are such wonderful and beautiful sisters, inside and out!  
I always thought my mission would be my most favorite calling.  Then I was called to serve as an ordinance worker at the San Diego LDS temple, and soon that became my favorite calling.  I didn't think anything would top those two....but now I'm starting to think otherwise.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...