Wednesday, December 28, 2011

If I could...

I would elope. 
I would run off to the Laie, Hawaii LDS temple with my fiance and get married. 
Then we'd spend our Honeymoon in Maui--my favorite place on earth.
I wouldn't tell anyone. I think it'd be fun! Go off on a "vacation" with my fiance and just tie the knot.     
I think there's something so romantic about doing that--just the two of you.  At the end of the day, it'll just be you two...why not start it off that way?  
I have mixed feelings about having people at a wedding.  I always feel like the officiator, no matter what religion, speaks more to the wedding guests than to the couple.  I think more intimate and sacred things would be shared, if only the couple was present.   I don't want a big crowd at my actual ceremony.  I think it's a more intimate, private affair.  If I could truly have it my way, I'd want only my fiance and myself there, with the officiator, of course.    
Then once we were back in San Diego, we'd celebrate it BIG!!!! With GREAT FOOD and GOOD MUSIC!!  And all of our family and friends around!! 
Yep, that's how I would do it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...