Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nomad Thursday....and Church Softball....and Hermanita....

*Sometimes, I think I live like a nomad. Since I've been home from my mission, 8 years ago, I feel like I'm always on the move. Because of that, I haven't had the biggest need for a TV. I don't watch it much, and in fact, I don't even own one. Nor do I have the internet, right now. I mean, I have it through my phone, but it's not the biggest necessity to me. I kinda like not needing a whole lot of media in my life.  Oh yeah, and I still have to find the code for my car radio. Til I do, I listen to Pandora on my phone.  I think I live under a rock when it comes to tv, movies & music.  Eh, I'm ok with that.

*Since last Tuesday, Sonny asked me 4 times if I was going to go to the ward Softball game this past Tuesday. OF COURSE, I was going to go....most especially since he asked me!! :) So glad I went! A group of us went to eat afterwards and I just happened to score the seat in front of him. My gosh, I like his face!! Seriously, I like watching him speak, because I enjoy watching the way his mouth moves. Not to mention how I'm a SUCKER for blue eyes!! Oh man, I'm in heaven every time I see this man. SWOOOOON!!! He's such a funny guy, oh he makes me laugh! He was a lot more talkative than last Tuesday, which was great because I was in total introvert mode. He was even a lil cocky at one point and that was a nice lil change up. Yes, I really really like this guy. Uzzzzzzz. 

*I'm lovin' this song! Oh the lyrics couldn't ring more true, right now.  

*Hermanita will be home in less than a month!! LESS. THAN. A MONTH.!!!! I cannot wait!!!! She is such an AWESOME friend and I couldn't be more pleased to have her here, from her mission!  To be able to talk with her face to face for hours on end!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*I haven't been blogging much lately, due to lack of internet.  I've been writing a lot more in my journal again. Oh I love it!  I've missed writing in a journal!  I love thinking of how much it could mean to my posterity, someday.  I would have loved to have read a journal from my ancestors, or even my own Tutu (grandmother).  

*Father's Day was lovely.  I had a great time with my Dad and family.  I pulled out some old photos and the kids really enjoyed looking at pictures of them as babies and toddlers! Time surely flies!!  I appreciate my Dad and all that he's done and continues to do for me.  In the last couple years, I've become more sensitive to those without fathers, whatever the reason may be.  I know I won't have too many more years with him, so I need to appreciate every moment I get to spend with him.  I found this photo amongst old books.  Oh my Dad was quite a looker! I see a lot of resemblances between me and him.   I know one thing's for sure, we're both pretty "tenacious" [read: hard headed].  I'm ok with that, just goes to show how much we're really related.  Oh I love him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...