Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Seafood & Saturday Softballl & Scriptures.

Yesterday was my parents' 50th anniversary.  We went to South Bay Fish & Grill to celebrate it.  I liked the idea of eating seafood on the harbor. Makes me think of last Sunday's date with Swiss.  Oh Swiss....  I was suppose to see him today, but was with family instead.  Our next date will be at the airport. I know...THE AIRPORT!!! I'm excited because I really like the airport here in San Diego! It just makes me so happy to see.  It's quite the beauty!  I think the airport is under appreciated because most people are rushing around and are too busy to notice how great of a place it is.  I've always wanted to have a date there because I never really get to eat there.  I also I like watching people.  Have you ever noticed how happy some people are there?  I love flying in to San Diego because even after I've gone somewhere else, I get to come home to SAN DIEGO!!!!  America's Finest City!  I LOVE IT HERE!!

Yesterday was also our first softball game. Oh man.... I somehow need to lose 100 lbs. by our next game. Man oh man, I am NOT a runner. I need to be.  I also need to be better at batting. I mean, Tat and I went to the batting cages the night before and I totally rocked it!  But man, the next day, I SUUUUUUUCKED!!!!  Seriously, I couldn't hit the ball to save my life.  What the heck?!?!   Ugh.....   I was nervous as heck!!! My heartbeat was racing and practically pounding through my chest!!!!  I can just kiss Sonny {formerly known as, "Iam"} goodbye.  Seriously.  I was a pathetic excuse of a player yesterday. I feel VERY humbled because I was totally out of my element. I was scared of the ball.   I was hit during church softball once, so I've been traumatized ever since.  But still... I'm pretty sure Sonny thinks I'm a complete idiot. I couldn't really face him at church today.  I doubt I'll be talking to him much outside of softball now.  By the way, our team name is, "The Dirty Pickles".  Not really my favorite.  I submitted the name, "Pitch Slap" because I can't help but chuckle every time I hear it. :)  As for the rest of the team, I totally like them all.  They're all chill and GREAT players!  I think I'm the weakest link. :( 

Today at church, I was a lil bummed. Happy to have my friend Ame back but sad that Vans wasn't there. He moved out of the ward last week.  He was my first friend in the ward and reminded me of Mr. Red and all of our times of hangin' out at church together.  I'm bummed but I know he'll be happier in his new ward.  I'm oh so grateful to have Ame back in town.  She's such a cool, chill chick!!

I was reading Mosiah 25-28 {Book of Mormon} today during Sacrament Meeting and thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't studied from the BOM in a long time and in the last blessing I received from my awesome Home Teacher, I was advised to read the scriptures more and pray a lot more.  I can't wait to read more from Mosiah and start Alma. I know I didn't exactly start reading the BOM from the beginning, but let's just be grateful I'm reading it again.  I can't help but feel like I need to make some course corrections in my life.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had to read the scriptures.  I NEED to start doing that more often. A LOT more often.  


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...