Friday, November 22, 2013

Life & Death.

This past week, I've been thinking a lot about my ol' stake president and Runia, who passed away the week before.  He was a guy from my mission in New Jersey. I didn't know him all too well, but he was always so nice and cheerful about the Gospel.  Such a great spirit!  I couldn't believe that one of my fellow missionaries had died, so soon! He was married with four young children.  A life gone too soon.
Earlier this week, I also found out that my choir friends' baby girl unexpectedly passed away from SIDS. I just couldn't believe it, yet another death.  I was feeling sad and heavyhearted.  It helps me realize that life is a lot more precious than we think, that those we love can be gone in an instant--no matter the age.  
While my heart was grieved with such sadness, I felt like the clouds started to part when I received word that a dear friend gave birth to a long awaited baby girl.  I could feel the tears well up in my eyes because just over a year ago, she lost her first baby daughter the day after she was born.  I was (and still am) very ecstatic for her and her lil family.  What a joy & a blessing!
Life comes and goes....  but I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation, to know that there's more {much, much more!} after this life.  What a blessing and comfort in times of loss.  So grateful...so, so grateful.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...