Sunday, November 17, 2013

Aloha 'Oe Pres. Clove


Today, my heart is comforted by the words of a church hymn.....

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord.
Thou sendest blessings from above
Through words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.


For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness Lord above.

I found out this morning that my ol' stake president, Ric passed away.  I wish I had written him a note like I wanted to, a couple months ago.  I learned so much from him!  I enjoyed every single time he would speak at stake conferences.  I LOVED IT!! I was always captivated every time he spoke.  I will miss his infectious smile and the Christ-like love that he had for everyone.  
I know that many lives, especially those in the Chula Vista Stake, have been changed for good just by knowing this good man.  As it says in Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them",  I know he was a good man, because of the children he had.  Two of his five children, are my friends and they are such kind, thoughtful & intelligent people.  
Pres. Clove will forever have a special place in my heart and I will always be grateful that I had the opportunity to know him.  

Aloha 'Oe, Pres. Clove...until we meet again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...