Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dude, I survived!

Man, today was a VERY busy day!
First off, the traffic is pretty horrendous, especially since I have to drive by the local university. Ay caramba! 
I think I'm going to leave an hour before work, tomorrow.  Luckily, we have a parking garage so parking isn't a nightmare.  
I was with my trainer all day, learning the ins and outs of my job.  Luckily, I'm surrounded by nice people so I'll feel comfortable asking for help.  I like that everyone enjoys working there, that really helps make me feel more at ease with learning this new job.  I met 95% of everyone on our floor (there's 2.5 floors that belong to our firm), it was a bit overwhelming.  Today, I think I've come to realize, that with a name like mine, I do not have the luxury of being shy.  Out of all the people I met today, I think I can remember about 30% of their names.  I don't think I've gone into what it's like meeting people for the first time, with a name like mine.  I'll go more into that, tomorrow.  
My trainer said that I did really well, for my first day.  I like hearing that!  My cubicle neighbor said that on his first day, he went straight home and fell asleep until the next morning.  When I heard that at 10am this morning, I thought it was a bit much.  As 5pm rolled around, it sounded like the best idea ever!  So far, I like  my job and I don't feel overwhelmed, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.  
I wish I had a picture of my cubicle, but it's a lil boring right now since I'm barely movin' into the space.   For now, here's a picture of the break room.  I love love love how there's fresh fruit available for the taking, that's really terrific!  I like how well-stocked this break room is, especially since there's an ice machine and drinking water! Juuuuust perfect!  All in all, I think I'm going to definitely like working here.   I just feel so incredibly lucky that I landed this job!!  I definitely have counted my lucky stars and thanked my Heavenly Father.  My cup runneth o'er!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...