Monday, May 5, 2008

Memory Monday.

Last night I watched “Karate Kid 2”. I know I know, funky movie, but it was the first one I ever watched at a drive-in with my family…so it brings back a lot of memories. Anyway, there’s a song on it that I LOVE! “Glory of Love” by Peter Cetera. It’s a sappy love song, but I’m a sap! So bite me! I was whistling it today and it reminded me of my favorite Hawaii memory when I went to visit (my then boyfriend) Jake. On my third day there we woke up early (ok, I woke up early only to make us late from having to iron a lot of stuff) and headed up north to La’ie. It was a pretty drive, and he bought me my FAVORITE breakfast (Jack in a Box’s Sausage Croissant) to eat on the way to the La’ie LDS Temple.
It was my very first time ever going inside the La’ie Temple. It’s a very special place to my family and I because my parents were married there and also my maternal grandparents were sealed there. It was so beautiful. I even got to wear my temple dress that I adore, look and feel so beautiful in. It was a great session.

Afterwards we changed and headed over to the Polynesian Cultural Center down the road. Another special place because my father helped build it while on a labor mission for the church. We had such a great time there! I loved every single millisecond of that day. It was wonderful!! I loved learning a lil more of my Polynesian heritage. The food at the PCC restaurant was soooo delicious!! (Oh man, now I’m getting hungry.) We had about an hour before the big night show, so we sat on a bench and talked. It was so nice. I started to get sleepy, so I laid down on the bench, and Jake held my head in his lap. Even though the sun had gone down by then, the weather was still so perfect. The night show was spectacular! I couldn’t get enough of it!! All of it was sooo awesome!!
Oh, so why that song…While we were in line for the restaurant Jake started to sing it to me. I love the lyrics… “I am a man who will fight for your honor. I'll be the hero you're dreaming of…” It was such a beautiful day, one that’ll be seared into my memory forever.
______________________________________________
just in case you haven't heard the song:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...