Sunday, May 18, 2008

The most horrible/wonderful movie.

Stupid stupid great movie!! Oh man, I'm still so worked up about it. I'm glad I watched it over at Liz's house tonight---I would have been bawling my eyes out if I watched it alone at home. I'm also glad that she was falling asleep and didn't see me wiping my eyes every other second. Oh , I love this movie! I didn't think I'd like it as much because I'm not the biggest Hillary Swank fan...but I love love love it!!

It made me think a lot about my own "Gerry" and how much I miss him. Last September, I had the bulk of responsibility to orchestrate a fiesta for all the young single adult LDS(ages 18-30 y/o) in San Diego county. Oh man was that tremendously overwhelming, to say the least. I had to also cook about 85 lbs. of Pork and somehow turn that into ‘muy delicioso’ Carnitas. Driving over to the fiesta, an hour late, I started to break down from all the stress. I just couldn’t handle it anymore. Poor Gerry, he just listened to me splutter the most incoherent words known to man thru Noah’s ark tears. When I finally decided to come up for air he reassured me of all my wonderful qualities, skills and talents.

He’s done that a lot since…even up until the last time I talked to him. Still reassured me of my strengths and my capability of fulfilling my dreams. I’m grateful that I’ve had the blessing of Gerry come into my life and world and in turn make it a more pleasant place for me to enjoy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...