Monday, May 5, 2008

Recap...............

Friday:
The weekend went by pretty quickly!! Totally had fun at Ikea Friday night! Never ate at the cafe before, but man! It was surprisingly good! Felt kinda weird though...as if we were in high school (the cafeteria setting) and also in bizarro parent world. Everyone had kids....runnin' around, dropping stuff, screaming kids. It wasn't too bothersome, however it was entertaining to watch a particular Mom have the "OH THAT BETTER NOT BE MY KIDS AGAIN" face as she squeezed her eyes shut and grabbed for her husband's arm at the sound of every crashing noise. [which of course, it really was one of her kids...lol!].


Came home with a lil more than I last blogged about...Needed a gift for a friend's bday party and in an effort to be more green-reusable groceries bags! I bought 2 Ikea bags. I love these bags!! I bought one last year and used it as my beach bag. They're perfect because I don't mind putting my sopping wet/sandy items in them and has easy access too!

Saturday:
Worked out at the gym by myself for a lil over an hour. I love working out by myself. I'm able to really focus on what I'm doing and why I'm really at the gym. I love just pluggin' into my iPod and goin' at it! Got home, drove out with my friend Eddie to pick up his car at a friend's house. Oh yeah, and seen the coolest thing ever!

I'd never seen anything like it. I mean, I've seen writing in the sky before, yes. But this was a lil different, it was being done by 5 planes that you could hardly see. It was crazy! Ok ok, maybe it was one of those "Ooh, look at the pretty lights" moments.
So Eddie and I get back w/ his car, pick up Liz and head over to Lydia's baby's party. It was fun, I was starving by then so I pretty much killed all of my time at the gym when I had 2 Carne Asada nachos, chicken and fried won tons :( .
I always have my camera with me, no matter what. You never know when a good photo op is gonna happen. Well, I had my camera and was taking random photos at the party. I was taking a lot of photos of Eddie & Liz w/o them knowing. They're use to it by now, but the photos are pretty funny. So I'd take a few and pass the camera over for them to see, but I wouldn't let go of the strap because I didn't want them stealing the camera and deleting photos. This went on a couple more times...til:
...which ended up being the last picture my camera will have ever taken. Eddie snatched the camera away from me so quickly, it bounced back, falling on the table and landing on the extended lens. It was jammed in there and wouldn't budge. Adios camera. Some people never change...Once a breaker, always a breaker. So now I'm camera-less and kinda bummed about it! DANGIT!! I wasn't going to be getting another camera until my birthday, dude that's 4.5 months and a whole summer away!! GRRR!! Ok, now I'm pissed. So many things will be going on until then...Sim's graduation and Boy Scout/Eagle Court, Summer beach excursions, Maui, Nadia & baby Emerson, Kea's bday, Warped Tour, Padres games......GRR EDDIE!!!
Had another bday party that evening. I was sooooooooooo wiped out tired! But I had to go because it was a special friend from church. She's so wonderfully happy everytime I see her. Since she made an effort to invite me, it was the least I could do. Plus I had already gotten her a gift...off I went for about a half hour. Ended up being all the cliques from church--FUN! (*PUKE*). On the way home around 9'sh I still wanted to hang out w/ somebody, anybody...but Liz had a migraine, Eddie's on my 'DNC' list and everyone else was already "enjoying" Cinco de Mayo parties.
Came home, watched something and enjoyed the best gummy worms ever!! :)
Sunday:
Went to my family ward to play the organ for them. A handsome guy walked in and sat behind my sister and her family. Didn't catch his name...but it's very SELDOM when a single, handsome guy walks into the family ward. Hopefully he'll be there again this Sunday. It's always nice having a lil eye candy every now and then.
After Scrament meeting, I drove on over to my own YSA ward. It was good. A lot of good testimonies for once. Met some new people who were visiting. Went to choir practice in which I was the only soprano AGAIN!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can't hit the high F notes---KATIE!!! COME BACK!!!! UGH! And we'll be singing it in 2 weeks w/ only one more practice--day off! :( I will NOT sing with the choir that day if I'm the only soprano. It's a song from Handel's "Jephtha".
Came home, had lunch and took my weekly Sunday afternoon nap. Ahhh, wonderful!! Ended up sleeping til 9..not good. Anyways, that was pretty much it. Good times, good times....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...