Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kinky!




...Boots, that is.

So I was home today and did a lil channel surfing when I came across this movie. From the title alone, it seems a lil questionable. But then I remembered wanting to see this film from previews a year ago. OH MAN!! I really like this movie!! HELLO--it's about shoes!! How can I not like this movie??

(Quick movie synopsis: It features Charlie Price, who is trying to save the family business and travels to London to get ideas. In a fluke encounter he meets sassy drag queen performer Lola, the alter ego of Simon, and sees the possible market of shoes for male transvestites. With the styling eye of Lola, Charlie leads the traditional shoe factory to design and produce numerous shoes for the catwalk in Milan, Italy.)

I ended up watching the last half with me Mum. It was a lil awkward at first because I didn't know what her reaction would be towards a movie with drag queens. Surprisingly, she was cool with it and liked the shoes!

My favorite quotes---(and there's several throughout the movie):

Charlie: I'd like to measure you for it, go home, make a pair.
Lola: Who gets to keep the boots? A little warning, t
he answer is, "You do, Lola."
Charlie: You do, Lola.
---------------------
Lauren: Look, you'll have to excuse Charlie. We don't have many transvestites in Northampton.
Lola: I'm not merely a transvestite, sweetheart. I'm also a drag queen. It's a simple equation. A drag queen puts on a frock, looks like Kylie. A transvestite puts on a frock, looks like... Boris Yeltsin in lipstick. There, I said it.
---------------------
Anyways, great movie! Definitely check it out!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...