Saturday, May 31, 2008

the little wonders of beauty.

My organ playing at the funeral went fairly well. It was kinda hard to follow the chorister. I guess I'm only really use to the chorister at my ward. Although I did mess up a lil bit on one of the hymns, I tried my very best and in the end I'm okay with that.

The funeral was really nice and touching. I learned a lot about Sister Brantly. I will miss her so dearly, most especially her presence in Relief Society. She always noticed the beauty in everything and everyone....even when I missed a note or two while playing the prelude music. Everytime I would step away from the piano, she would thank me for playing such beautiful music. She had a way of making you feel like the most beautiful or most talented person. I hope one day I can have a heart of gold like Sister Brantly. I am grateful to have been her friend.

I know this week has been quite trying. Last night, before bed as I was writing in my journal I took time out to count my blessings. It's funny how in the middle of chaos and stress we sometimes miss the little wonders of beauty around us. Yesterday I was blessed to spend some time with my parents. I count my blessings that they're both still alive and married to each other after 46 years. I'm glad I am able to depend on them and know that they've always got my back. I know they only want the best for me and will go to the ends of the earth to see that it happens. I'm grateful that they're patient with me when I'm not even patient with myself. I'm glad they know how to reassure me when at times I question my own skills and abilities. They know when I'm stressing about something or another, they come in and do whatever they can to lift that burden from my shoulders. Heaven knows that I've put many grey hairs on my poor parents heads....but I hope heaven also knows how eternally thankful I am to have them as my parents and dear friends.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...