Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I LOVE 4th of July!!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4th of July!!! Independence Day is my FAVORITE holiday!!!! Lots of my friends ask me why.  Several think that Christmas should be someone's favorite holiday.  It's not mine, in fact, I can't stand Christmas.  But that's a topic for another day.

Why I L♥VE Independence Day:
  • I LOVE America.  I love what it is and what it stands for. I am patriotic.  I vote. I support our troops.  I am grateful for the freedoms it has grated me. I truly love it here.
  • My family always spends it at the beach--all day.  We BBQ, surf, play in the water, play games, eat all day, sit out, relax, talk, watch fireworks and just enjoy each other's company.  
  • It doesn't require gifts.  It's summertime.  And still involves food.  AWESOME!!
  • F-I-R-E-W-O-R-K-S!!!!!!!  Need I say more?! I LOVE fireworks!!! I feel like a lil kid when I watch them.  I'm still in awe of them and just the magnitude of their display.  Sparklers are FUN too!
  • I MUST hear Ray Charles' version of "America the Beautiful".  The day doesn't feel complete until I hear this song. 
Those are my top reasons why I LOVE the 4th of July.  One year, I had to spend a good portion of the holiday in Tijuana, Mexico.  It was so trippy being in another country on Independence day.  However, there were still red, white & blue banners and decorations up.  I was kinda glad, but a lil sad because Mexico didn't have to do it--yet they did.  It made me happy.  Once I got back over the border, I was so thrilled to be an American, in America celebrating it's birthday! I LOVE AMERICA!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...