Friday, July 8, 2011

Sugar & Spice...and everything nice!

I use to dote on my three nephews.  I loved (still love) them so much.  They're more like younger brothers since I'm closer in age to them than my own older siblings.  I still rather hang out with them than most of my friends. Nothing against my friends, but we're just really close friends and have our inside jokes.  They say that they think of me as their older sister--I'm perfectly ok with that. I love them dearly and miss having all three of them under the same roof. 


I also have a niece.  


Due to the age difference, I think of her more as my niece.  I'm old enough to be her Mom, so we don't exactly have that older/younger sibling bond.  I always thought it would be SO different once she was born. I wasn't use to having a girl around.  I didn't know all that it would entail.  At first it was pink girly stuff.  Eh...not really my cup of tea since it was a good 11 years of just boy stuff.  However, I wanted her to be girly and very feminine, because I'm not...so I helped feed into all that stuff.  


I still help feed into that stuff.  


And I'm glad I do. I like the little woman she's developing into.  She's so girly and learning to be feminine. I like the way she dresses up and does her hair just right.  I always help her be mindful of her nails and we paint them together.  She's sweet, kind and warm hearted.  She teaches me to become more of that each day because heaven knows I need all the help I can get.  I never thought I'd enjoy being an aunt for a niece.  My niece is awesome!! She knows so many different songs and artists!! I LOVE IT!! One minute she's looking for Guns & Roses on my iPod, next minute she's looking for Barbara Streisand or Bob Marley.  She's just such a cool kid!! I couldn't have asked for a COOLER kid niece than her!!  I actually enjoy hanging out with her.  A couple weeks ago I showed her how to fill up gas in my car and to fill the tires with air.  I like teaching & showing her new stuff....like the Twilight Zone.  In turn, we like to watch Glee together and she shows me new music.   


I can't help but think that I've been spoiled with the coolest niece & awesome nephews!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...