Friday, July 1, 2011

Reading > Writing

I like reading.  
I always have. 
I think I attribute that to my Mom sending me to my room for quiet time and my 8th grade English teachers, Ms. Silva & Ms. House.  
Sometimes I just feel the need to read.
If I don't, I feel like I start to become dumb.  Like I'm letting my mind waste away.  I don't like that. 
About 3 months ago I started reading Les Miserables.  
It was a nice first page.  
I was trying to read it to impress a friend.  
If I still want to impress this friend then I've got a month to complete it.  
We'll see about that.  I'm a lil busy these days. 
However, I was staring at my bookshelf today and saw my favorite book.... Marley & Me.  
I LOVE LOVE LOVE John Grogan!! I never thought I was one of those people who read a specific author, but I've come to realize that I am! He only has 2 books, but I LOVE both of them. I LOVE his style of writing. He paints the most perfect picture that makes me feel like I'm right there with him, in all of his recollections.  Maybe it helps that he's also a journalist so he has learned to paint the most precise picture that gets his exact point across.  
I wish I could write more like John Grogan.
I will, soon enough.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...