Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 17: Talents.

I thank my lucky stars for all my wonderful talents. I know that I have been abundantly blessed with the amazing talents I have. I'm not trying to brag, at all. Tonight, as I was painting some items for a colleague's baby shower, I couldn't help but think of how another colleague just handed me a box of items and basically said, "Work your magic! I trust you! I've seen your skills!" It's way awesome that this colleague thinks I'm just as talented when the whole office knows her as the creative one.
She gave me the colors & theme and I started to go to town. I've got several more pieces, but I love the starfishes! 
I owe a lot of my talent to my Mom! Seriously, I wouldn't be the talented person I am today if I didn't have her challenging "encouragement". She taught me how to sew when I rather have played outside, when I was a kid. My friend & co-worker Tina ran into a bind when she needed some help with her Halloween costume. With her measurements, 1.5 yards of red fabric and black & white paint, I was able to create her costume. Not too shabby for just free handing it!
I guess my colleagues were convinced that I was talented when I came up with the idea for our Halloween decorations: 
I must admit, I loved the lil paper fences and the trees, the best! People thought I bought the fences, but they were just cut out by hand. I don't know where this idea came from, I just drew it up as I saw others decorating their cubes. Everyone loved our decorations and my cube mates really enjoyed it! That made me so glad! I also loved decorating my pumpkin for the office competition :
It was so hard for me to throw it out after Hslloween!! 
I'm glad my talents don't end there! When I became the Relief Society President, a couple years ago, I found myself cooking A LOT! I developed the talent to make soups! Oh how I love that talent and the joy of soups! In the course of one summer, I found myself cooking for a few regional and several ward acrivities! It was hard work, but I LOVED feeding my ward family! I still love to feed people, especially friends and family! I love the genuine gratitude they have when finishing a meal and their "Thank you! That was so good!" that they exhale as their waist band gets tighter!
^Thid was some Tongan food I made on Sunday, it's called Lu Puaka and the Taro root is in the background. Man, it was so good!! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE to cook?!? 
Now that I am married, I've tried to develop my baking skills. This was the first Apple Pie I've ever made:
I've got say, it was perfection!! Seriously, I couldn't have made a more perfect pie! And my husband loved it! That's AWESOMENESS in my book!
So I've gotta say, I'm so truly grateful for the way I can make my little corner of the world a happier, enjoyable and more colorful place to live. I will never cease to thank my God for the way He's blessed my life! My cup runneth o'er!
{Matthew 5:14-16}
"Because I have been given much, I too must give...." 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...