Sunday, November 23, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 23: Church & Hymns.

Man, I couldn't be more grateful to have my new ward building less than a mile away.  
It's such a blessing to have it so close.  Today, as I was sitting in church, I loved listening to the musical piece by a pianist, violinist and flute player (flutest?). It was a beautiful piece dedicated to Veterans Day & Thanksgiving.  It's nice to be in a ward with such beautiful talents.  I almost feel like I'm in a Utah ward. 
The Bishop spoke about Tithes & Fast Offerings. It was a pretty good talk.  
Today, I think I was more thankful to be sitting in the congregation singing the hymns.
I have a deep love of the church hymns.  They made many missionary miles seem shorter as I would hum or sing the hymns.  Sometimes, if I wasn't getting along w/ my missionary companion and I needed an uplifting thought, I would recite the words to my favorite hymn. 
As I was singing the hymns, it made me think of the time I was in my ol' stake choir....something I always wanted to do, growing up.  It was such a beautiful blessing!! I truly loved singing that choir.  
After Sacrament meeting, the older gentleman behind me said that my "singing was wonderful, just as beautiful as you!"...so sweet!  I'm not gonna lie, sometimes, that's the whole reason I go to church, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to sing.  
As I was walking out of the chapel, I saw an old friend that I use to work at the temple with and was from my ol' Singles ward.  It was nice to see a familiar face, especially since I know like 1 person in the ward.  
I hope that as I attend more, that I make more friends and hopefully get a calling soon enough. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...