Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 5: Answered Prayers.

Almost every morning, before I leave for work, I say a prayer.  I have so much to be thankful for, but I also have so much I need.  I know my Heavenly Father knows of those needs & wants, but it's always good to ask and be vocal about it.  I usually pray for the same things, because those are the things that mean most to me.
I always prayer for safety and protection as Levi & I travel about the city.  I know how bad traffic can be, so I always pray for heavenly protection upon us.  I pray for my parents, that they have patience with one another and treat each other well.  I especially pray for my Dad that he be kept safe and upright because of his advanced age and lack of eyesight, he has fallen several times.  I'm always worried that his next fall might be the worst one yet.  I pray for my sister that all is well in her life, and my nephews & nieces that they make righteous decisions.  I know how hard jr. high can be, so I especially want Heaven's choicest blessings upon my niece.  I pray for special blessings upon my oldest nephew as he prepares to marry his fiancee in the temple, this coming winter.  I also express my sincerest gratitude for my sweetheart Levi and the true blessing it is to be his wife.  Sometimes, I ask Heavenly Father that the traffic be light, just because it gets so crazy on these freeways here.
Today, my morning was definitely answered, in the most visible way.
I was in one of the two left turning lanes, waiting at the world's longest red light.  The Mini-Cooper in front of me kept egging on the light.  I was the second car in the lane.  Once it finally turned green, we started to go.  Two cars in the other left turning lanes were already through the intersection, when all of a sudden the Mini-Cooper in front of me slammed on their brakes.  We weren't even near the middle of the intersection and I didn't understand why they were so impatient 20 seconds ago and now at a sudden stop!  A couple seconds later, a car came flying through the intersection!!! It had to be going about 60 mph.  Due to the timing of it all, it would have most likely taken me out.  I was just floored.  How can people be that selfish to think they can run a red light and it'd be ok?  After driving through that intersection, I drove a little slower because the thought of my morning prayers came to mind.
So many times have I prayed for safety and protection and all is well on my daily commute.  This morning, my prayers for safety were answered in a very real and very true way. How many times have I prayed for something and didn't notice the answer?  I hope that hasn't always been the case.  Today, I feel like I need to be more aware of my prayers being answered.
I know my Heavenly Father answers my prayers.  Usually it's in the way I desire, and other times, it's in ways that help me grow & become better.  Today, I am so tremendously grateful that my prayers were answered in exactly the way that I needed and wanted them to be.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...