Monday, March 1, 2010

Brutal.Honest.Truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Disclaimer*
I was reading a friend's blog the other day and it made me wonder if I 'sugar coat' my blog. If I do, it's not because I'm trying to paint a picture of a perfect life. If anything, it's because I can be too harsh in the things I think and say. So starting now, there will never be any type of blog 'sugar coating'. I figure if you're my friend, then you know me and you know my heart. If you get offended, well....sucks to be you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And with that said....

Can I just say that I'm tired of "potlucks" disguised as "parties".

I was invited to a 'going away' party yesterday for an acquaintance. When I asked her for the location, she gave me an address and told me to 'go ahead and bring a dish too!'. That's the second party last month that was a mandatory potluck. Why even have a hostess?? What is she hosting....you to the table with the food and gift you just brought?? If you can't afford a party and it turns into a potluck--maybe you shouldn't be throwing a party in the first place! And if you do throw a potluck--I think you should provide the main course. That's just poor form!

Needless to say, I didn't go to the party yesterday. Some friends didn't understand my reasoning, but I don't care. Don't say you're throwing a party if the rest of us are bringing the food!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...