Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sorry Miss Chiquita....

I have a love/hate relationship with Bananas. I like to grab fruits in the morning and eat them at my desk at work. Sometimes it'll be an Orange and Banana or an Apple and Banana....but it's always a Banana.
I didn't grow up liking them much because of a lie my older brother told me once. I must have been about 7-8 years old when he told me that 'trantulas pee on Bananas, that's why they're wet'. When you're a kid, you believe just about anything and I certainly believed that! It was hard for me to eat Bananas after that. (I know spiders don't pee on Bananas, nor do you eat the skin...it's just the thought of it! YUCK!!) For a long time--even til this day--I'd rather eat a Banana in a slice of bread. I can't eat it by itself...there's just something gross about it. And you can just forget about me cutting it up and putting it in my cereal--SICK!! But I eat it because I know it's healthy for me, that's it!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...