Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh Hotel Del...I love you so!!

(Before I start my letter... I've just gotta say, this April Fool's Day isn't turning out like I planned. Since I'm the big jokester in the office, I already had one prank played on me and another prank I played on myself! By TOTAL accident!! UGH!!)

Dear Hotel Del Coronado,
Do you know how much I love you?? I've loved you since the first time I laid my eyes on you. You've always been a place of opulence and beauty. I remember my Senior year of high school and how I would ditch school just to spend time with you. I know it's funny, "What high school teenager would ditch school to hang out at a hotel?"...but I did! I still have the same love in my heart for you as I did back in high school. I love your shops and how exquisite everything looks. I love the people who vacation there and how carefree their lives seem. I love the staff who are always so helpful and respectful. I love the perfect beach weather that seems to only exist in Coronado. I love how for just a moment, whenever I'm at the Hotel Del, I too can be carefree and living an opulent life. My dream wedding reception would be held in the Crown Room....Oh it'd be a dream come true! Did I ever tell you how my BFF Bugs sent me a robe from your hotel while I was on my mission? Oh I LOVED it so much and still use it til this day! I can't wait to wear an actual robe while staying at your fine establishment!

So the reason for my letter is.... a close family friend failed to invite me to her daughter's Debutante ball this Saturday. One invitation was sent to my family....but addressed to my sister who currently lives away right now. I was bummed when I heard about all the festive plans for the ball and especially when I found out it was going to be at the Hotel Del! My heart sank when I realized that I wasn't invited to the most magical place in San Diego. As my cousin raved about her ballgown and how beautiful the Crown Room of the Hotel Del would look. I listened with envy and sadness..."How could I not be invited?? I thought we were better friends than that?! Oh well, I guess if she didn't want to invite me to this then I wouldn't have to invite her to my wedding!! Two can play at that game!!" Some of our mutual friends would chat about their excitement of dressing up and having a grand evening...and there I quietly sat, not knowing how to tackfully say, "I wasn't invited". Yeah, so I threw a pity party...I couldn't help!! A party at the Hotel Del and I wasn't invited!! UGH!!! Anyways, I spoke with my sister and she said that she RSVP'd for the Debutante Ball but won't be here for it. I suggested that she call our friend and tell her that I go in place for her. So now, I'm just waiting to hear back from my sister. Maybe our friend just forgot...or maybe she didn't have an invite for me. But I CANNOT pass up a party at the Hotel Del!!! I'd have to be crazy!! Oh Hotel Del Coronado...I love you so much!!
Faithfully yours,
-ehu
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...