Monday, May 24, 2010

Am I asking too much??

Once, I broke up with an ex because he didn't have 3 things:
  • A career
  • A car
  • A place of his own.

He wanted to get married and I felt like he needed to have those things before we could start a family. He had a degree in 'International Business' but was working as a retail associate. I had to drive us everywhere and he was renting a room from a landlady. Was I asking too much for him to aspire higher than a minimum wage job when he holds a Baccalaureate in business??

Well I'm talking to this new guy [don't have a nickname for him yet, since I don't know if he'll be a permanent fixture in my life] and he doesn't have any of those 3. I mean, I can compromise on the "place of his own" because of the current economy. As for the other 2--that I cannot and will not budge on. I want to be in the passenger seat, not the one picking the guy up. I want to be "wined & dined" and not "going dutch" all the time. I don't think I'm asking for too much. I'm about to turn 30, and most of the men I choose to date should have at LEAST 2 of the three things mentioned. I can understand if he's in a graduate program to further his career.

I don't think I'm asking too much because if a guy wants to get serious, I want to know that our future family will be taken care of. I'll work until we have kids, but I want to stay home and raise our family. I don't want to put in a full day at the office only to come home to my kids who were in day-care all day learning who know's what?! Nor do I want to live paycheck to paycheck, forever dreaming of going on vacation or going out to dinner. HELL FREAKIN NO do I want to live that way. I wasn't raised like that, maybe I was spoiled, but my Dad provided well for our family.

Can you blame me for wanting those 3 things?

Well, if you do....I could care less.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...