Sunday, July 20, 2008

Babies & Motherhood

Yesterday as I was doing laundry, I came across a pink onesie that my niece wore as a baby but now uses on her teddy bears. After I buttoned all the buttons, I held it up and looked it over. It was so cute and made me recollect the days when she was younger as well as look forward to the day I have my own kids.
Today I got word that in the last two days I’ve had 2 friends give birth to two baby boys. I’m so excited for both of them! Then I started to long even more for my own babies someday. I love babies! They smell oh so yummy!! I love to hold them close and sing sweet, soft lullabies to them while they gaze at your face in wonderment. They’re so precious. Thinking back to when all my nephews and nieces were babies, all I wanted to do was hold them and take in their sweet aroma. I loved feeding and burping them, and the occasional times of when they’d fall asleep on my shoulder. They grow up so fast! It’s ironic though in a way now looking back, the days seemed to pass by like weeks and the years have all marched on like mere hours.
Last month, after my nephew’s high school
graduation I was talking to a client about “motherhood“. I told her I just wanted to cry the whole time--I couldn’t’ believe that my once chubby cheeked nephew had grown into this handsome, intelligent and talented young man. How do Mom’s do it? How do they not want to just hold their babies tight and wish that they’d stay small forever? I look at my niece and think that she’s growing an inch taller every day! As for my other two nephews, they’re growing taller and fuller, filling out their teenage physiques. They’re taller than me now :( I can’t wait to be a Mom someday. I think it’s one of the most beautiful and trying callings in life.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...