Friday, July 11, 2008

To my brother Dave....

Today is my brother, Dave’s birthday!! I thought I’d do a birthday dedication to him. I know that I’ve been blessed with such a terrific brother. I didn’t fully grasp this growing up, but I’ve truly come to realize that since.
I think my brother Dave is awesome!! The thing I love the most about him is that he’s incredibly charismatic. People always take an instant liking to him. He makes a friend and a lasting impression everywhere he goes--even in other countries. I’ve come to witness this EVERY SINGLE TIME we go out in public together. Without fail, we ALWAYS come across some ol’ friend of his. I’m not kidding!! EVERYTIME!! It use to bug me before since I’d stand around for about 10 minutes as they chatted, and then they’d say good bye to me as “Dave’s Sister”. It doesn’t bug me anymore, but it stands as a testament of his fun and friendly personality.
I think my brother is an ‘all around great guy’. Many should be jealous to not have him as an older brother (several friends have even mentioned that they wish they had him as their older brother). Sometimes I wish I could be more like him . I often wonder if we're really related. We're so polar opposite at times--nothing seems to ever bother him, whereas I fret over every little thing. Dave's 'quality' and I'm 'quantity'--actually, he's both-Mr. Perfectionist! He's the life of the party and I'm shy and sarcastic. I grit my teeth with new experiences and he welcomes them with a big hearty smile. He’s so fearless. He’ll try or do anything and always be stoked about it the whole time!

He knows his role as a man, husband, father, son, brother, cousin and friend. He’s the one I always go to whenever I have some sort of car problem. Whenever I turn to him with a problem, he does everything he can to find a solution. I know I can count on him in the bleakest of moments. Since our father lost his eyesight about 10 years ago, Dave’s stepped in every time our father couldn’t. I always feel safe with him, I know my safety is never at risk.
When the time comes for me to pick a potential spouse, I know that I’ll want him to be just like my brother….someone who knows how to laugh and enjoy life, book & street smart, physically & spiritually strong, supports his family everyway possible, lives and testifies of the Gospel by his actions, loves and values his wife, makes time for his children, respects his parents, majorly chivalrous, gets along with EVERYONE and surfs
(might not seem like a big deal, but trust me it means a lot in many ways).
So to my brother I say this; Thanks for everything you’ve done and continue to do for me. I couldn’t have asked for a better oldest brother than you. Happy Birthday Dave.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...