Saturday, July 5, 2008

Practice makes perfect.

When I was kid, I always wanted to be a ventriloquist. I had seen it at school once and was amazed by such talent. I practiced not moving my lips when I spoke to anyone, well, mostly myself in the mirror. I became pretty good at it too for a couple years…till one day I was to give a speech at school. The director was always frustrated with me because I didn’t move my lips like she had instructed me to. In the end, I didn’t get to give my speech. That’s what happens when you have lofty goals of becoming a ventriloquist.

Today, I’m grateful for all the years I practiced. I can’t really open my mouth due to my swollen jaw. Stupid molar tooth!!

Now if only I had a dummy to sit on my lap, I could really go into business.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...