Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Song Choice for 500, Alex"

I have this friend...

...who has an AMAZING singing voice.

Oh it's too beautiful for words!! I remember the first time I heard him sing on our mission, it was so heavenly! When he returned home from his mission 5 years ago, my best friend Bugs and I were blessed to hear him sing at his mission homecoming. While I lived up in Utah, he came to visit me and my friend StephyPooh. It was a lovely visit which ended with him singing us a Samoan song--which was more like a lullaby. I remember thinking that night, "Oh how I would LOVE to marry this man! He could sing me to sleep EVERY night!"
I don't know how to adequately describe his voice. It's like velvet, soft and gentle. It's tender and just so exquisite! It's like the voice of an angel. It is the voice of an angel. It's something similar to Aaron Neville with a little bit of Luther Vandross. It had been about 4 years since I was last blessed to hear him sing, I didn't think I'd ever get to hear him sing again. About 2 months ago, a friend was planning a musical fireside in which I insisted she ask my dear friend, Peej. He agreed to sing for it and I was once again blessed to hear his extraordinary voice. Even during the practice, it brought me to tears to hear him sing, "O Lord My Redeemer".
After that fireside, I told him that for Christmas I wanted him to sing for me, a song of my choice. I've reminded him of it since, but now Christmas is right around the corner. I NEED a song!!! Silent Night? Ave Maria? O Holy Night? It's like going to a chocolate shop and being allowed to only take one piece of chocolate. All of them are good, but how can you limit yourself? Oh well, whatever the song ends up being, it'll never be heard the same after he sings it. I can't wait!! This will be my most favorite gift this year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...