Monday, November 16, 2009

"Poly of Love" at the Temple.

Yesterday, the temple just wasn't the same.  

I needed a friend, the same friend I've had the last couple of months.  I needed someone who would make the temple fun and seem less like 'work'.  Someone who understands what it's like being an older YSA return missionary.  Someone who could take the stress and 'work' away from what was a very stressful moment. Someone who's put a smile on my face and made me laugh during the toughest of times.   

My temple shift doesn't seem the same without my friend Berkeley.  It almost makes me sad to go to the temple now.  I feel alone, even though I'm surrounded by friends...it's not the same without him.  

Some may think that I have feelings for Berkley, those of a romantic sense.  I did at first, but I found more than just a 'crush', something deeper--a friend.  He is my friend, in the truest sense.  It is possible to be friends with someone of the opposite sex.  It hurts my heart that he's not a part of our temple shift.  It was incredible having him around.  I never felt alone or obviously unmarried while at the temple.  Something I had been feeling for a while whenever I would visit the temple.  I miss his sense of humor.  We were always together, and when we weren't it felt like we would be in search of the other.   His Mom, amongst others, also noticed that we were always together.  I sincerely loved his company.  I missed it yesterday while I was in the cafeteria alone, without the hope of Berkeley soon joining me-as usual.  I forgot what that had felt like, it hasn't happened for a long time.  

Even though his stupid "Poly of Love" song would sorta get on my nerves, I miss it.  I would do just about anything to have him sitting next to me on the 2nd floor couch singing that darn song.  

Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with Berkeley, it's been a pleasure....please bless him to hurry up with his grad school stuff so he can come home to San Diego, the temple and me.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...