Thursday, February 9, 2012

This tastes a little like.....

I had the awesome opportunity to hang with my niece tonight, after dinner.  Before I took her home, we stopped by Wal*Mart to pick up some stuff.  We were both wanting a dessert, so we came across some Snickerdoodle cookies.  Of course, we had to buy them! We LOVE Snickerdoodle cookies!!  As I've taught Novee (and anyone else I've shopped with) never choose the first item on the shelf/rack {more about this concept, at the bottom of this post}, so I reached down and towards the back of the rack.  Score! Welcome to our tummies!
We quickly juggled the other items in our arms and proceeded towards the cash registers. Once we were back to the car, we broke open our drinks and cracked open our cookies! We took our first bites and let it sink in...
"Hmmm, these taste like peanut butter"
"Maybe it's just that one?"
(2 cookies later)
"Geez, these cookies aren't so good. Why don't they taste like Snickerdoodles, or at least Cinnamon?!"
"Maybe they're peanut butter Snickerdoodle cookies?"
"We should stick to just eating the Snickerdoodles from Fresh & Easy, those are the BEST!"
When I got home, I cracked open the box and ate one. These Snickerdoodles still tasted SO off!! How and why?!?! Maybe because we got them from Wal*Mart??  I don't know?!! 
Til I closed the box and pushed them aside:

 How did we miss this?!?!  Why didn't we turn on the light in the car to check the box!?  Ayeeeee, no wonder why they didn't taste like Snickerdoodle. 
Trust your senses people, they just might know what they're tasting......


**Concept: It all started with greeting cards--everyone grabs the first one, to read it.  If you look close, the card is usually bent in the corner and sometimes it's a lil dirty with fingerprints.  So after that, I always grab (at least) the 3rd one back. Why not just grab the last one? I figure, if it's damaged, the person who damaged it will quickly shove it to the back so no one notices it.  Maybe it's crazy to think like this, but it makes sense to me and I'm okay shopping like this.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...