Thursday, February 23, 2012

Feelin' lucky on a Thursday

Today's one of those days when I can't help but think,
"How did I get so lucky??"
My inbox has been bombarded by photo comments/"likes" notifications for my recent Facebook profile pic.  I like my new profile pic (which happens to be the same as my display pic here) and it just makes me feel even more special that others think sweet, kind things about me too.  How blessed am I to call those "others" my friends!
After dinner, I'm gonna cruise over to Houston's to spend some time with him.  Last night, we strolled a secluded part of the beach, hand in hand.  It was peacefully wonderful. I like him.  He likes me.  How did that happen? He likes spending time with me and as he puts it, "actively pursuing a special lady." My pessimistic self doesn't want to get my hopes up.  For now, I'm just enjoying it all.  
Sometimes, I don't see what others see in me.  I just feel ordinary, nothing that special.  Maybe there's certain things that I can do, that are a lil different than what others do.... but I didn't think that set me apart from the rest.  I'm just me.  Nothing special really... but today, I feel pretty dang special.


And I'm going to hold on to that feeling for a while.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...