Saturday, February 4, 2012

Want + Needs.

I WANT to buy a bike.  I kinda need to buy one since I don't really have any mode of transportation.  I mean, I DO have a car, but I HATE fixing car stuff...plus, I don't exactly have $2200 in my back pocket to fix my transmission. 

So I want to buy a bike and I'm learning there are A LOT of different bikes out there. 
Dangit. 
It's like a whole new world, a foreign concept.  But I'm learning the pros/cons to several bikes.  It looks fun and it'll help get me from point A to point B. 
PLUS...
Someone NEEDS to start being MORE physically active.  Someone's gained WAY too much weight. 
A bike seems to be the solution to these two problems.

2 birds > 1 stone > Bike.

Besides, the weather has been GORGEOUS!! So I can't wait!!
However, I am a lil scared of being hit by a car :(

**I've been researching all of this bike stuff for the last two hours. Man alive, there's A LOT more to it!! I thought I could just roll on over to Wal Mart, pick out something sturdy & pretty and call it a day.  Yeaaaaaah, not so much!  Nor am I looking to spend $500 on all this bike stuff. I just want something to cruise to the beach and around town. 
However, occasionaly during the last couple months, I thought it'd be cool to use public transportation as an option. I'm getting tired of the CRAZY gas prices (today: $3.75/gal) and filling up ALL the time.  It was be A LOT cheaper to just ride the bus and trolley. 
BUT......
Whatever you save in money, you usually make up for in time.  So even though I'll be saving A LOT of money from not buy gas all the time, it'll now take longer to get places.
So then I was starting to look at Vespa prices....
Man.... this is a very long, round about way of avoiding fixing my car.
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...