Saturday, May 26, 2012

Little girl {almost} all grown.

As I was walking downstairs at Reed's house, I noticed something that looked familiar.  I picked it up, opened it up and then noticed the labeled name on the front door.  

It was my niece's old dollhouse.  

She use to play with it all the time.  Her Barbie dolls had make shift outfits that she would assemble together out of scrap pieces of fabric and dryer sheets.  My niece isn't so little anymore.  She's growing up and not really playing with her dolls anymore.  That kinda makes me sad.  She would spend hours upon hours playing with them, creating new outfits and lil playtime scenarios.  She's 11 years old now.  In 10 months she'll be joining Young Womens at church. 

This really makes my heart ache.  Where does the time go?  She's no longer the baby that would stand in the palm of my hand.  She's no longer the toddler that would let me do up her hair in little pigtail ringlets.  She's almost getting too old to hold my hand now.  That brings tears to my eyes.    

As I type this, she's spending the night at one of her girlfriend's.  She loves crackle nail polish, dyeing pink streaks in her hair, watching Glee and listening to One Direction.  She's like a little teenage girl.  

I miss my lil Novee.  Time flies oh too quickly.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...