Monday, November 19, 2012

At Last!

Last week, while having Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's senior living apartment,  the dj's were playing a lot of love songs from past decades.  The first song played was, At Last, by Etta James.  I always joked that when I got married that would be my wedding song, because I was finally getting married, at last.  However, when I heard it that evening, the song was no longer funny to me, it started to really touch me...


At last 
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh yeah yeah
At last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you
I found a dream, that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh yeah yeah
You smiled, you smiled
Oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
for you are mine...
At Last

I couldn't stop the smile that stretched across my face.  My heart and mind immediately thought of Levi.  This man makes me the happiest that I've ever been.  I've never had a man love me as much as he does.   He's just so unbelievably generous with his time, attention and affection.  I love this man dearly and I'm so thankful that this song is no longer a joke to me, but a true statement of my feelings.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...