Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Just a bit bummed....

Yesterday was kind of a bummer day....more like, a bummer ending.

I thought it was a great day, when it started out with news from a cousin who'll be in town, with her family.  I'm still so excited for it because I haven't seen them for about ten years.  Plus, she now has 3 boys that are too adorable for words.  Her baby boy is deliciously cute and I just want to hold and squeeze him, a thousand times over.

Last night, I caught word that a good friend was going to be in my neck of woods.   In fact, right here where I live...cause she was going to be hangin' out with my oldest nephew.  I was bummed that I didn't get an invite to hang with them.  Eh, let's just be brutally honest here.... I was sad, yet again, that my nephew didn't feel the need to invite me to hang with them.  They're old friends from my YSA ward and I've missed them a lot over the last year.  I guess I was even more sad that this friend, who says we need to hang out more, doesn't even call or text when she's in my neck of woods (or in my very complex).  I guess some friendships change....  Out of sight, out of mind.

I thought my evening would have picked up, by a certain phone call.  But that never came.

Oh well.....

Let's hope for a better today.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...