Saturday, November 17, 2012

Eternal Gratitude for Mama McK.


I love this woman SO much! She is the mother heart that I've needed for so long.   We are so similar in many, many ways.  She's adopted me as one of her daughters and I'm truly grateful for the relationship we share.  She loves me to no end, sets me straight when necessary and counsels me in the best way possible.  Even though 867 miles divide us, physically, I carry her in my heart every day.  I think about her often.  I think about her whenever I'm cooking.  Earlier this year, during one of her visits to her son here in town, we went out for Pho and she gave me ceramic tile with a quote from Pres. Hinckley.  In her honor, I placed it in my kitchen.  I cherish all of our times we spent in the kitchen of the Institute building, during her mission.  Many teaching moments went on there, as well as tender moments of listening and counseling.  These days, I enjoy our phone calls and her handmade cards she sends me.  {To be honest with you, she has NOTHING on Hallmark! Her cards are the BEST!}  
I love her dearly and I'm truly grateful for a Heavenly Father who placed her in my life.  I couldn't be more blessed to know her and be loved by her.  My cup runneth o'er...  ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...