Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sephora

I felt like I was trying on my first training bra today.
I went to Sephora tonight wanting to buy some Bare Minerals make up. My friend uses it and is pretty happy with it. I told the sales rep. at Sephora that I don't wear make up every day....well, that I hardly wear it all. Maybe some mascara to church or a night out. I'll probably add a lil blush and colored lip gloss if it's something worthwhile. So basically, I'm an extreme minimalist when it comes to make up. When I said this to the sales rep. she thought it was so "cute" that I was coming in to buy my first make up. Seriously, I don't wear the stuff. I never wanted it to get messed up by my nephews while we played around. I didn't want it to just sweat off or rub off on my clothes. I figured my complexion was nice enough to pass on the stuff.....but time is starting to show. NOT GOOD =( The sales rep. called over her fellow co-workers and told them I was buying my first make up. They all had the "Awwww" face....while they were actually making the sound. [freakin' spare me] She asked some questions and led me over to a different brand of make up....in which she started to give me a make over. In the end, it does look good and doesn't feel too heavy. I don't know if I could do this every day (it's gonna take some getting use to). I don't want to suddenly appear at work with make up, that'd be weird. We'll see.
Thinking about my experience in Sephora tonight with all the sales reps made me feel like I was trying on my first training bra. They were all so excited for me to be trying on make up for the first time. They all had techniques and recommendations that they were giddy to share with me....while I just stood there, not wanting THAT much attention on me. And in the end, they were all excited to see the end result and the enhancement was for me.
Yep, just like trying on a training bra for the first time--awkward, uncomfortable and wishing people wouldn't stare at you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...