Saturday, June 6, 2009

Truly blessed!

I thought my day was going to be terrible when I pulled up, late to work and my boss came outside to meet me. I was waiting for him to explode on me or start interogating me as to why I was late this morning. All he asked me was how long my parking was good for, since I parked in the free/meterless 2 hour parking. I answered his question and quickly went in the office. I pulled out my lunch bag and realized it was really COLD! I then realized why, all the gravy for my mashed potatoes had spilt ALL. OVER. MY. LUNCH. BAG and over all the contents of my lunch bag. I was so bummed and mad! I knew I should have listened to my Mom when she recommended that I just pour the gravy in the same container as the mashed potatoes. I didn't listen. UGH.

As the morning progressed on, we continued to keep an eye out for a meter maid (The time doesn't "officially" start on the free 2 hour parking until you've been 'chalked') and an open non-meter spot. One finally opened up and I tried to move my car. TRIED, being the operative word. My car started but the car WOULD NOT shift out of park. I was getting mad and trying desperately to shift it. It would NOT budge out of park!!! The car was hot and I knew that in a few seconds someone would be pulling right into the spot!!! I did EVERYTHING imaginable to shift. NO LUCK!!! I had a couple co-workers look at my car and nothing helped. It was soon approaching the 3rd hour of "free parking" and no meter maid was in sight. VERY UNUSUAL!! I tried my car several more times til it was time to call the dealer, deal with my warranty and a mechanic. My car was parked in the "free parking" for 5 hours and no meter maids came by. When I pulled up to work I was going to park at a meter til I found an open spot. How TRULY grateful am I that I found the parking I did and that ABSOLUTELY NO meter maids came by. I couldn't believe it! Luckily I was also blessed to work with such caring and helpful friends. They helped me deal with my car dealer and the mechanics. One thing I LOATHE more than runny eggs and "The Christmas Story" movie is dealing with cars. My brain automatically shuts off to it. I really REALLY dislike having to deal with cars. Mamacita skipped her lunch so she could watch my desk as I repeatedly went back and forth between my desk and car. Turtle dealt with my car and my mechanic. "Lucille" yelled at my dealer so he could finally understand that I couldn't just "bring in my car with my warranty so their mechanic can look at it". A couple drivers drove me to and from the mechanic. I just feel so blessed to work amongst these wonderful people. Blessed that not a single meter maid drove by. Blessed that my car finally shifted after offering a heartfelt prayer. And blessed to have my car back.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...