Monday, December 28, 2009

Migraine Monday.

One Upper: An annoying person who responds to hearing someone else’s experience or problem by immediately telling a similar story about themselves with a much more fantastic (or terrible) outcome.
I have the unfortunate circumstance of working with a 'One Upper' ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. I really cannot stand it anymore. Turtle's a nice guy, but since he shares the same office as Mamacita and I, we try not to talk around him or else we get his 2 cents and then some. Most days I can tolerate it, but today-maybe it's because we've had the last 3 days off-I can't bear it anymore!
If he's not 'one upping', then his mouth is going on and on and on and on about who knows what?! Sometimes Mamacita and I think he needs 24/7 attention. We try to ignore him, but that doesn't work. It'll be quiet while we're working then he'll start talking to himself in awe of some picture on his monitor...til one of us asks, "Are you talking to us?" To which he'll say, "Naw, but you gotta check out this [picture] (blah blah blah)" ...and then before we know it, we're hearing some random story about how he caught the biggest fish between his friends....BLAH BLAH BLAH!!
Today I've had it. I can't stand hearing his random stories which are distracting and have NOTHING to do with work. I'm too busy to hear about his gun stories, fish stories, boat stories, cowboy boot stories, hunting stories....stories I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN!!! Maybe his stories wouldn't be so bad if every other word wasn't foul language. I can only be nice, nod my head and smile for so long before I just HAVE to tell him to SHUT UP!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...