Friday, December 18, 2009

5 for Friday.

1. Sometimes 'Ignorance is Bliss". Sometimes. I've started to learn more about my Meniere's Disease. I know for sure that I would NEVER wish this upon my worst enemy. I feel like I have to be hopeful. I'm scared it could get worse then the constant 'whooshing' & 'ringing' in my ears. I've started to get dizzy and my balance is thrown off easily. I just found out that this 'disease' is commonly known for falling. It scares me, a lot. It's already happen before and luckily I was home. I don't know what my future looks like with this disease. I've got an MRI scheduled in a couple weeks and I hope and pray that relief is in the near future. Starting next month, I'll be on a break from the temple. I love the temple, but I need my health to be better. I'll miss the sisters, all of whom I love dearly. It's sometimes hard for me to function in the temple. With my current position, I need to be able to hear clearly--not my strongest asset right now. Plus, sometimes I've felt so dizzy where I feel like I'm about to fall/faint. We'll see how it works out.

2. I got to see Atticus today. Just for a little bit. He looked so dang cute. I REALLY hope he goes to the Christmas work party tomorrow.

3. Can I just say, there is something fascinating about dry cleaning. Weird, I know. But that's the truth. I was so excited to get my dry cleaning back tonight for my work Christmas party tomorrow evening. Picking up my dress from the dry cleaners made me feel like I was going to an important, fancy grown up party (still weird, I know...just stick with me on this.) When the dry cleaning lady brought my dress to the front, there was a line of women behind me. My [birthday] dress looked so spectacular! I felt so proud that such a beautiful garment was mine! I walked out of the dry cleaners so elated and excited to wear my special dress! I LOVE the way I feel and look in this dress! I can't wait to put it on!

4. I was so irritated at work today. My work partner and I were in charge of the office potluck. We put up a sign up sheet last Thursday--the day before payday. 5 out of 30 people signed up. It was really disappointing! About 10 brought food...yet those who typically don't bring ANYTHING were the first to grab a plate of food! I was so mad!! 10 minutes into the potluck most of the food was gone and I even brought something! I was livid! I took back my 'White Elephant' gift, stormed out of the office and left for lunch!! I'm done with office potlucks! Office potlucks = free lunch for everyone else.

5. Tomorrow night is my work Christmas party at the Gaslamp Marriot! I'm so stoked!! I can't wait!! I get to hang out with one of my dearest friends, PajamaPants. He ALWAYS makes any situation BETTER and A LOT more FUN!! I seriously hope Atticus goes. He hasn't been feeling well, but he's already told a friend about it so he doesn't want to back out. I'm so dang excited, I cannot wait!! And then there's the after party at Altitude Sky Lounge. OH BABY, ALWAYS SUCH FUN TIMES!!! I can't wait!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...